Website links / Useful Contacts
General help and advice
- NHS Choices: Sex – worth talking about- Information on all aspects of sexual health
- ONE YOU- general advice on all health aspects including sexual health
Victims of domestic violence/sexual assault
- Women's Aid
- Male Rape
- Broken Rainbow- for gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender victims
- Dorset Rape Crisis
LGBT Related Information:
- National families and friends of lesbians and gays
- Gay Mans Health Charity Website
- Over The Rainbow
HIV specific Information:
- AIDSmap- Information on HIV medication, treatment and research, plus links to other websites.
- HIV i-base- HIV treatment information for healthcare professionals and HIV-positive people.
- AVERT- UK AIDS Statistics as well as good selection of publications.
- Terrence Higgins Trust- National Gateway to HIV services, support and information.
- Positively Women- Information on women and HIV for service users, staff and general public.
- National AIDS Trust
- British HIV Association
Contraception and Family Planning:
- National Youth Agency
- Health Talk- all health issues, not just sex!
- Hope Again- part of CRUSE, the bereavement service to help when someone close to you dies.
- Connexions- general advice
- The Hide Out- to help children and young people understand Domestic Violence
- Where's Your Head At - Children and Adolescent Mental Health Services.
- Treads - Blandford Youth Service
- Dorset Youth Association - Dorchester Youth Service
- The Rendezvous – Sherborne Youth Service
Drugs, Alcohol, Smoking Advice:
- RUThinking- Addiction advice
- LiveWellDorset - Stop Smoking information
- Shadows (for under 18's)
- Drug and Alcohol Action Team (DAAT) – Bournemouth for under 18's
- YADAS – Poole (10-24)
Help and advice for patients about specific genital conditions:
- International Herpes Management Forum- useful patient leaflets on herpes infection
- Chlamydia Screening National Website
- Vulval Pain Society- useful patient info on vulval pain conditions.
- Sexual Advice Association (formally the Sexual Dysfunction Association)- helping raise awareness of sexual problems
- Family Planning Association
- Information about Urinary Tract Infection